Re: Getting patches

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, "Ben Fowler" <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> On my machine, I have gimp-1.1.15. If I choose to update it,
> I need a patch 1.1.15 -> <current level>.
>
> So far as I can tell, only patches for
>       <previous level> -> <current level>
> are archived.

I'm not sure that it would make sense to keep all old patches for the
development versions (labeled "unstable").  Sometimes, the patches are
rather big and it would be useless keep more than a couple of versions
around because downloading all the patches from version 1.1.x to the
current version could take more time than downloading the latest
source package.

Note that if you really want to access the old patches, I think that
at least one of the mirrors of ftp.gimp.org does not delete the old
files (or keeps them for a while before deleting them).  I don't
remember which one it it (or if it is still working), but maybe there
is a chance to find the old patches somewhere.

-Raphael