Re: HP DeskJet 9xx support?

   Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 13:05:44 -0500 (EST)
   From: Eddie Maddox <eddie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

   I'm new to GIMP. I also just bought an HP DeskJet 952C printer. All the
   9xx models support 2400x1200 resolution and the use of both premium and
   real photographic paper.

   The GIMP 1.0.4 print config does not have the HP 900 series listed.  So, I
   found that the 600 series is, for now, the next best to select. But it
   only has 600x600.  Nor does it list photographic paper, only plain and
   premium.

   Does HP publish the PCL (Printer Control Language) docs still? Or a
   Technical Reference Manual? How may I obtain such? (I can't write code,
   but I write little shell scripts some times.)

   So, when can we expect the next stable GIMP release with HP DeskJet 9xx
   support?

Eddie,

I've forwarded this to gimp-print-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, where we're
working on the next generation Gimp print plugin.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net