Re: Suggestion: disabling Perl-Fu installation if Gtk-Perl is not present

Marc Lehmann wrote:

<snip>
> Disabling all perl-plug-ins because somebody didn't want to check the
> facts is, for me, a very big decision that should not be made lightly.

I would be pleased if there were a message after ./configure that
said...

Some errors occured during ./configure.  If you would like to use the
perl plugins you will need to upgrade the following packages from the
CPAN archive

package1
package2
package etc...

Then provide the URL to the CPAN site so folks who don't know what is
can find it.

Might also be cool to list the command for configuring without the perl
stuff that way the user has a choice.

I'm the type who will go and find the modules and install them to get
the full power of the GIMP.
--
Jon Winters
visit the Obscura Lounge in OpenVerse