Re: gimp_image_get_resolution/gimp_image_get_unit/release timetable

   Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 22:36:11 +0000 (GMT)
   From: Austin Donnelly <austin@xxxxxxxx>
   Cc: gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   On Saturday, 19 Feb 2000, Robert L Krawitz wrote:

   > Pending a general way to scale images separately on X and Y axes, what
   > would be your (collective) suggestions about how to handle an image
   > with different X and Y resolutions?

   This happens so rarely that I would (for the moment) ignore it.

   Assume the Y resolution is the same as the X resolution.

OK, the next version (3.0.7) will have a button called "Set Image
Scale" next to the other two scaling buttons (percent and PPI).  It
will immediately set the image to PPI mode and set the resolution to
the Y resolution of the image.  This may not be ideal, but it's quick
and easy to test.  Anything else is likely to be fairly high risk.

This is already checked into the development mainline.  It's strictly
a GUI hack, and has no effect on the rest of the system.

I'm going to hold 3.0.7 until Michael J. Hammel and I can get his
printing issue resolved, and someone else can test a softweave change
I made for the Stylus Color 800 (which is really a fairly general
issue).  Those are important but almost surely very local bugs.

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net