Re: Some suggestions

Of course I know gimp is in feature freeze, I just wanted to get my
ideas written down because I tend to forget those too easily ;)

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 10:29:18AM +0000, Austin Donnelly wrote:
> On Monday, 14 Feb 2000, Thomas Linder wrote:
> > Save Copy As...
> > 	with its own set of file paramaters including filename
> This already exists.  The menu option is "File/Save as..."

As Tom replied already, the idea is to have its own filename and
file-format and parameter settings...  Makes work easy when one wants to
do intermediate snapshots to see for instance how the image looks on a
webpage and still be able to write the xcf file from time to time.

> > Color History
> > 	quick select from recent colors, either as popup menu in color
> > 	section or by creating a new palette (optionally) to be saved -
> > 	or both perhaps.
> The can be implemented this as a colour selector dynamically loadable
> module.

Not the way that my mind came up with, but another possibility to
implement it.  However I would be rather happy not to have another
dialog window open to be able to use it.

My first idea was to have it in the color part of the
main toolbox as a pop-up menu bound to the color-buttons...  Having an
auto-palette that gets saved was my second idea - both appear good to me
but the first option may be an inconsistent addition to the current
user-interface.

I think I remember someone saying the toolbox already has too many
buttons and therefore should be redesigned some day.  I can't remember
though if the suggested solution was by making popup boxes to more
general buttons.  This could make my first proposal for color history
consistent with toolbox handling.

This is just something to think about if/how it would be implemented in
the next version of The GIMP.

Thomas.