Re: Edit Fille behaviour change?

My usage pattern is

Fill => Undo => Swap Colours => Fill => Swap Colours
       ^
       + insert a "this damnit fill braindamage e3stD%$&DFZG§ gimp thing"
         here.

Apart form the API changes (breaking _some_ plug-ins), I highly welcome
that change. But I'd also say it was not a bug. "but but" now is a good
time to change that.

So I am not the only one that has the usage pattern with fill listed above. I don't know if its from other graphics programs I have used or just what made sense to me but I expected fill to use the foreground colour. I mean after all, you don't expect the pencil tool to draw with the background colour.

From some of the other comments on the mailing list here, perhaps its something that should be changed after 1.2 is out. Many scripts may have to be adjusted and some of us may have to adjust the way we use GIMP slightly but I think it makes more sense to fix something that is a little odd rather than live with it forevermore IMHO.

Cheers!

Internet:kcozens at interlog.com   |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
      or:ve3syb at rac.ca          |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
Packet:ve3syb@va3bbs.#scon.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite>    |              -Pinkutus & the Borg