Re: An experiment (was Re: Move help menu item...)

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:25:04 +0200 (EET), Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxxx> said:
>
> >One suggestion would be to not have the toolbox user-resizeable via
> >the window manager at all, but to have in the Preferences a setting
> >where you use a spinbutton to set the number of columns. If you start
> >from, say, three columns, and keep increasing the number, at the
> >point where the number of rows is less than the number of columns,
> >the colour, brush, pattern and gradient selectors could automagically
> >jump to be at the right side instead of the bottom.

Rather than doing this, wouldn't it be possible to do the same thing that
terminals do, I.E. make the window resizable by char cells rather than
pixels?  I like the fact that I can resize the window as I work, rather
than digging through dialogs to choose a setting...