Re: An experiment (was Re: Move help menu item...)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:50:07 +0100 (CET), Daniel.Egger@xxxxxxx said:

> Hm, couldn't we use the event handling system to automatically resize
> the toolbox to a new good value on every resize event:
> If you enlarge the toolbox the window size automatically snaps on the
> next convenient size and vice versa...

This can be dangerous; you can get a resizing loop if your code isn't
carefully written.  Window managers can refuse to accept a client
resize request or can modify it, which could result in a duel between
GIMP and the window manager as the two fight over who gets to decide
what size the window will be.

Kelly