Re: Edit Fille behaviour change?

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Garry R. Osgood wrote:

> Tom Rathborne wrote:
>
> > I just noticed this new CVS entry:
> >
> > Fri Feb  4 18:27:16 CET 2000  Stanislav Brabec  <utx@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >         * app/global_edit.c: edit_fill with foreground, not background.
>
> > <snipped...>
>
> Indeed, some of the 1.2 - revised books are well into pre-press
> and some are out in the market.  These books suffer too.
>
> >From "Gimp - Essential Reference (Covers GIMP 1.2, GTK 1.2 and
> Script-Fu" by Alex Harford, published by New Riders (Page 32):
>
> "Clear and Fill are simple tools for working with selections
> and entire layers... <discussion of Clear omitted> ... The Fill
> ([Ctrl+.]) operation adds paint to the current selection. The selection
> is always the *background* color even if there are layers or an Alpha
> channel. <emphasis mine> Fill is therefore useless when working
> with a flat image without an Alpha channel because it has the same
> effect as Clear..."

Well, the publisher knew that they were rushing this when they released
the book already.  I will note this on my errata page.

Alex Harford                            Alcohol and calculus don't mix.
http://www.dowco.com/~alexh             Don't drink and derive.
alexh@xxxxxxxxx				Tel: (604) 225-0601