Re: installing .po files in addition to .gmo files?

On  1 Feb, Marc Lehmann wrote:

>>  I don't know why you like to have a personal catalog

> users want translated plug-ins! wether they come with the gimp or not.

 Well, yes, but I guess they wouldn't want to translated them
 themselves, so why personal i.e. with catalog in the home directory?

> Gimp already consults two (or even three?) different catalogs for it's
> menus at runtime.

 GIMP itself uses two and a plugin uses also two. Running them together
 will make three. :)

> BTW, would it be ok to save the .po-source-file(s) on installation
> somewhere? That way, a possible installer could read them, merge them
> with plug-in specific parts and write a hash file.

 That would be possible... you can even use the .mo files which are
 smaller and decompose them before merging... to calculate the hashfile
 you can use gettext... the only drawback: This would imply that all
 users have the gettext package installed...

> Having all information in place would be a major help, even if we come
> up with e better solution.

> (I estimate this to be under 3MB diskspace)

 yes..... we could even compress them...

--

Servus,
       Daniel