Re: End-user feedback: Perl logulator & innerbevel

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 01:52:40AM +0100, Sven Neumann <neumanns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I won't unless someone tells us what he thinks is broken.

Well, telling "us" about it didn't help in the past, so why should it now?
"us" should mean "the script-fu maintainer", and not me nor you.

> Of course it will get fixed then since it would be stupid to release 1.2
> if there are any known Script-Fu bugs in there.

I, for example, reported that bug and how to reproduce it in minute detail
at least 3 times (maybe even more) during the last 15 months(!).

If you look through the archives of gimp-developers and gimp-users you
will find that this bug is being reported quite regularly.

So yes, I do not believe that script-fu will work in 1.2. I also believe
that script-fu needs a real maintainer who cares for it, not somebody like
you who should better do other things.

Fact is, however, that script-fu is basically unmaintained. The bugs
that I reported during the last year did not get fixed (with rare
exceptions when you, mitch or me did it), and it is less then clear who is
"responsible" for that plug-in.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|