Re: [gimpwin-users] PNG blank display bug

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 01:21:44PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> I have changed the core so that it does not accept zero resolutions.
>
> Additionally I have changed all plug-ins that try to set the resolution
> to check the value and simply don't set it at all if it is invalid. Gimp
> will then use the default set up by the user.

Perl, IIRC teaches us that "There's always more than one way to do it",
while it seems that Gimp teaches us that "There's always more than one
place to change it."

If we do not accept arbitrary values for xresolution & yresolution we
need to check for this in image_set_resolution_invoker as well. This
is the approach I've taken in current CVS.

Alternatively we could change image_set_resolution_invoker() and
similar functions to be thin wrappers around core functionality --
I do not have time to do that, but perhaps someone else does?

Nick.