success: Gimp-1.1.14 on AIX-4.3.2

Success!

I now have all the plugins, including the perl plugins, and the modules,
correctly loading and (apparently) working. Thanks to all who gave me
pointers.

I put 2 binary packages on the AIX freeware and shareware archive, on
www-frec.bull.com, one for the basic gimp and the compiled plugins, one
for the perl module and plugins.

I included in the packages the scripts I used to link the libraries and
the perl shared-objects, but don't ask me why it suddenly started working.
I've being going round and round with the AIX linker, I can't think
straight any more. But the scripts should allow the feat to be re-produced
(with the next versions).

Is it normal that after reading the plugins, it displays
"extension_script_fu" for 3 or 4 seconds? I've become suspicious when it
does things slowly. Still, I can see "script-fu" all over the place in the
menus, it does seem to be working.

Thanks again,
Ciaran

Ciaran Deignan                                Tel: (France) 04 76 29 79 92
BULL XS-BU (http://www-frec.bull.com)                 HA and Consolidation

Mail to: Ciaran.Deignan@xxxxxxxx                        Bullcom: 229 79 92
PGP: B1 78 FB 88 FD 86 58 A8  89 7B 22 8C D0 E8 71 FC       Fax: 229 75 18