Re: minimal install?

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 05:01:45PM -0700, "Michael J. Hammel" <mjhammel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's 58Mb on my box, installed from the 1.1.14 source built with Gimp Perl
> disabled.

Have you tried to compile without debugging info? It's also that large
_if_ I compile it with debugging info enabled, something that is clearly
overkill if one doesn't debug gimp.

> > something like that is already planned, but 55MB is, I think, a bit
> Not really.  Seems about right.

For developers, yes. I also assume shared libraries.

> should really be part of the Gimp source itself.  After thinking it over
> for a time, I believe distribution issues are separate from core
> development and should be addressed using external resources.

I think likewise. But think about it this way: you can configure almost
everything, including menu shortcuts. Why shouldn't you be allowed to
configure your menus as well?

This is not the ame as the feature that was requested, of course ;)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|