Re: File->New->Reset

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 12:29:36PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hey, hey! Calm down, guys, ok?!

OK

> The Reset button in the "File New" dialog has been in CVS since May 18th.
> It just wasn't placed consistently in all places, so correcting this is a
> bugfix and nothing else (and a very harmless one too).

Ah, that explains why I couldn't find the patch to add it.

However, am I right in thinking that some of these Reset buttons ARE new?
Is that because everything uses common code now? Otherwise it seems like
this adds complexity, which conflicts with the goal of removing bugs.

> I must admit that it took me some time to get used to the new position and I'm
> not really happy with the layout of the action_area, but this is something
> that has to be discussed here. And this discussion should be calm,
> productive and well-thought.

Well, point (1) We really ought to change the defaults when quitting Gimp
so that you don't lose work so very easily.
(2) Yeah, the new position isn't right. I don't know what is (tigert's
suggestion sounds possible) but it's not this.

more discussion?

Nick.