Re: How to make scripts undoable?

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 12:13:56AM +0100, Raphael Quinet <quinet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How to make these scripts undo-aware?  The problem is not really

I'd say the obvious way would be to make gimp_undo_push_group_start just
"work", rather than adding another kludge no user will ever understand.

If you must, name it something different, but adding multiple lines to a
plug-in *just* to make it work together with other plug-ins seems a large
step backwards.

I mean, the semantics of bracketing scripts with these calls is obvious, and
does not include "is very slow". This is an implementation detail that should
be optimized away.

If your solution can be implemented as two pdb calls (start and stop) then
this would be fine.

> gimp-undo-push-group-start because there would be some conflicts if
> all scripts use the same number for the undo group (UndoType).

Couldn't we just use a different number for the undo group then? The
context should be a convenient place to information like this.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|