Re: Re: Clean up and Re: Help System

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 05:48:48PM +0100, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
> >Just an idea: middle mouse-button is panning, why not Shift-middle
> >button = Zoom Out and ctrl middle-button = zoom in. (Personally I'd
> >prefer it the opposite: Shift: Zoom In, CTRL: Zoom out, but I cannot
> >tell you why, it seems more logical for me...)
> >Maybe using alt for allowing window resizing is a good idea.
>
> Cool idea! Zoom in and out, with window resizeing or not, just by clicking
> middle button with some keys! Really fast way to work. No more changing
> tools. I vote YES. I knew that middle mouse could do more, you have
> discovered it now. Pan and zoom all in one are perfect... damn, a 3D I know
> does the same (plus rotate view, after all it is 3D), and I did not propose
> it before.

Actually Freehand 8 does just this. Space is for panning (Mac mouses have
only one button so you cannot put that to mousebutton 2 :)

But presing shift _and_ Option (used often in Mac like Alt in PC) toggles
zoom-in with cursor turning to a hourglass  ->   ==-(+)

Pressing space-option-command (command is usually equiv. to Ctrl on mac)
does the opposite, zoom out, cursor is  ==-(-)

It makes a lot of sense, speeds up the work.

I can make some more cursors if people think this is ok to implement before
1.2 ?

Tig

--

.---( t i g e r t @ g i m p . o r g )---.