Re: the ultimate solution to the i18n problem...

Marc;

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 03:20:07AM +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> demand a net-connection and call babelfish for untranslated items ;)

That's not realistic, but I think I mentioned a similar idea a long
time ago. Or maybe I just kept it in my head because it's a bit silly.

What if _every_ text widget - static labels in particular - was
clickable and allowed the user to modify the translation and submit it
to a central server?

If you are using the GIMP in French, and the "File" menu item isn't
translated, simply alt-rightclick on it in the menu and select
"French" and enter the translation. The next time anyone in the world
starts the GIMP it contacts the server and gets the translation.

Tom

--
--    Tom Rathborne    tomr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
--                     http://www.aceldama.com/~tomr/