Re: Rendering text with gimp_perl and gimp_text

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Marc Lehmann wrote:

> > The ascent and descent are stupidly reported for the font, not the
> > given string.
>
> Ok, then I'd say this is a very bad bug ;) I'd suggest fixing it by not
> removing any space from the text layer / the tetx string returned by
> gimp_text.

Or add a new function, say gimp_text_ex, that has one additional flag
which controls whether the space is removed or not, and change
gimp_text to simply call gimp_text_ex with a value of false for this flag.

That way you won't break every script that uses gimp-text.

-Dave

http://www.flamingtext.com/