Re: GIMP Plug-ins for other Apps? - LGPL for some GIMP modules?

I don't think it's appropriate to change the licensing of the
GPL portions of GIMP, even if somehow it could be done.  It's
kind of like asking that you GPL your commercial software so
we can include parts of it into GIMP. ;-)

However, it would be neat to see GIMP extended in such a way
that you could hide the main UI (like to toolbox), but still
load images and run interactive plugins on them.  The main
question would be how you get image data into GIMP fast enough.
You would probably want to extend GIMP to be able to access
your data as you have it stored or access portions of it from
your program, via a pipe or something.  (I guess, basically
make GIMP act like a plugin itself to any other application.)

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking