layers blend mode menu

Thus spoke Tuomas Kuosmanen
> Speaking of minor stuff, maybe someone could re-arrange the layer mode
> menus? Either sort it alphabetically with "Normal" on top and separated
> from the rest? Or we could even group different modes together with
> separators? Something like this:
>
> 	.-------- -- -
> Mode:	| Normal
> 	+---------- -
>  	| Behind
> 	| Dissolve
> 	+-----------
> 	| Multiply (Burn)
> 	| Divide (Dodge)
> 	| Screen
> 	| Overlay
> 	| Difference
> 	+-----------
> 	| Addition
> 	| Subtract
> 	| Lighten Only  <- do these differ from the above ones
> 	| Darken Only   <- (addition & subtract) ?
> 	| Value
> 	+-----------
> 	| Hue
> 	| Saturation
> 	| Color

The groupings you have here are pretty good.  I might put Difference after
Subtract since they are more closely related than Overlay and Difference.

But I can't decide if grouping them is really all that helpful or not.  I
already know what they do, so the question is whether such groupings are
beneficial to new users.  Anyone got a artistic grandmother we could try it
out on?
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |           Assassins do it from behind.