Re: GTK+ bug?

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 01:37:25 -0400 (EDT), Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

>If you click on a font-selector button in a script-fu dialog box, select a
>font, then click the button again, you are presented with a script-fu
>segfault (this is only in GTK 1.2.5-1.2.6).  Normally, if you use a script
>with a fontselector in it, script-fu will crash when it is done executing
>(even if you leave it at the default font, and have that font installed)
>when trying to dispose the window.  Interesting note: this does *not*
>happen in the "glossy" script.  It still exhibits the "crash on second
>click" behavior, but it does *not* crash when the script is run and
>finishes.  Is this related to a problem in deleting the window or
>font-preview button?
>
>Also, by the method names that I see in the stacktraces I am getting from
>this, I get the impression that the button is supposed to be displaying
>the font that is currently selected.  This is not the case on
>GTK+1.2.[56], it simply shows the default font.  (I haven't had a chance
>to test this at all with other gtk/glib versions, aside from a quick
>3-minute run with 1.2.3 to prove that it only happens w/ my version.
>Others in #gimp have tried this and demonstrated that pattern as well.)

This bug also appair on the OS/2 version and i'm debugging it.
The GDK global variables isn't set correct and can cause crash.
So gtk_init(), gdk_init () isn't called from script-fu.  Maybe the arguments to script-fu is missing ?

Asbjoern Pettersen

* Asbjørn Pettersen           Phone work: +47 77 66 08 91  *
* Kongsberg Spacetec a.s     Phone home: +47 77674022  *
*                              Telefax:    +47 77 65 58 59  *
* Prestvannveien 38          www:http://www.spacetec.no   *
* N-9005 Tromsoe, Norway     email:ape@xxxxxxxxxxx  *