Re: swap files

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 07:19:20AM +0100, Nick Lamb wrote:
> Almost every Gimp user I've met has one or more dead gimpswap files in
> their home directory, and they're often completely unaware of them.

The devel branch has had code for toasting stale swap files on startup
since Feb.

> Fixing that in Gimp 1.2 would be really great, and if NFS is a problem
> for the less than 5% of Gimp users stuck with gimpswap on NFS, then I
> guess (unlink-on-create false) and appropriate additional code is not
> too much work for whoever mentioned that.

Well, the common case of gimpswap on NFS is newbie users in an instructional
machine setting, who prolly have no clue about the prefs dialog (otherwise
they would have changed the swap path to something sane as well). So the
safe deault is unlink-on-create set to false.

-Yosh