Re: xpm show?

shigang (shigang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> 	I am undertaking an program which processes big xpm file. It have basic
> function such as zoomin, zoomout and so on. In my program, I want this operations can
> response user's button events as quickly as posible.
> 	I use GIMP to open this big xpm file and try this operations on, It works

I don't know about the Gimp but I do have experience with another
program that is still under development. The key point for a speedy
operation is to not allocate a very large pixmap (of the entire
image), but only to allocate only what is visible. Another mayor
speedup is possible by using MIT shared memory pixmaps. It's probably
the easiest thing for you to use Imlib.

For ultrafast operation you have to do the (video-hardware dependent)
rendering to the pixmap yourself as Imlib is not very efficient in
this respect.

--
  --  Ewald