Re: 1.1.9

Zach Beane - MINT <xach@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 09:22:33AM +0100, Lee Willis wrote:
> [snip]
> > I love the resizeable/shapeable toolbox, but I have one question. How do
> > I save the size of the toolbox so that it always pops up the way I like
> > it (518x80 in this case). I can't find any geometry options/hints to
> > apply to gimp. Is this currently not available, or am I being dumb?
>
> Under the preferences, in the Session section, make sure "Save Window
> Positions on Exit" is checked. It's saved in ~/.gimp-1.1/sessionrc.

Sure enough this file gets written, but gimp seems to take no notice of
it when starting up again :(

If it matters I'm running Fvwm 2.2 as window manager which isn;t forcing
sizes as far as I can see, however it does do smart placement. Does gimp
ignore size settings if it can't have the position settings?

Lee.
--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"