[OFF-TOPIC] CVS questions

   Hi,

 I'm currently using the cvs-version of gimp.
 That is I connect to the cvs server every day and make a:
 cvs update gimp

It looks like it work OK. But I have two questions:
  - is it safe for me to make some changes, or is there a risk I mess up totally
    the files that are on the server? I only mean to _read_ file not to write
    on the cvs. My intention is to try and report bugs.

  - what command shoud I use to receive a 'diff -u' file between my local
    version and the cvs server one. I've read the cvs man page but wasn't
    able to find any clue about this. And how to indicate the file where
    the diff should be written in?

  Sorry for the offtopicness of this mail.

       Thanks for your answers,

                     DindinX

--
David.Odin@xxxxxxxxxxx

When you become used to never being alone, you may consider yourself
Americanized.