Buglets in CVS GIMP

Hi,
here are some buglets I have noticed when working with CVS Gimp.

1) Leaving crop guides

When cropping using guides, the guides are usually/often left in
the image. Maybe another off-by-one bug in crop.c?

2) Layer dialog does not redraw

Maybe this one is known: open layer dialog, create new layer in the
image,
paste something, anchor floating selection to the layer and lo! the
layer
preview does not redraw and the layer appears to be empty still.

3) Merge down selection

When doing 'merge down' in layer dialog, the result appears to be
selected
(is blue), but the selection has in reality the layer below (it is
framed).
I guess that the selection should be on resulting layer.

4) Save name suggestion

I guess it would be more user friendly, if the save dialog would
suggest file name of the image to be saved (i.e. if the image
has been saved or loaded already).

5) File type popup in load/save dialog is stucked partially offscreen

I have reported this one before :-(

6) How are GIH and GPB plugins supposed to work? They  got installed
in pluginrc, but are grayed out in save dialog, regardless of
image type. They never worked for me :-(

7) Probably every plugin developer knows infamous message

** WARNING **: wire_read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed?)

appearing during Gimp startup. But which plugin? I suggest adding the
plugin
file name into the message if possible.

					Edheldil