Re: Epson Stylus Photo EX driver

   Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 23:24:41 +0200 (CEST)
   From: regis rampnoux <regisr@xxxxxxxxx>

   On 05-Sep-99 Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   > I saw on the Free Software Bazaar page
   > (http://visar.csustan.edu/bazaar/bazaar_old.html) that you've done
   > some stuff on a driver for that printer.  I've taken the existing Gimp
   > driver (from mike@xxxxxxxxxx) and heavily reworked it, so that right
   > now I'm getting pretty good quality using all 5 inks and MicroWeave at
   > 720 dpi.  My driver's far from perfect, but it's coming along well.

   If I have understand your driver is integrated to gimp.
   Could you ask the Gimp CVS administrator to add it in the CVS tree?

It isn't really ready yet.  I'd also like to run it by Mike first, and
he's apparently gone for a few days, but I definitely want to get it
back in.

   For Ghostscript, now we have two drivers. I hope that Egil can work
   with you.

I notice that neither of them do 720 dpi or use the 6-color
capabilities, so hopefully we can integrate my work into that driver.
I took a very quick look at it today and didn't come to any
conclusions.  My stuff actually operates using 16 bits per channel,
which reduces stair stepping effects at low densities.

However, I'm not really a graphics hacker (much less an expert in
color), so I'd appreciate any help or suggestions I can get.  Egil?

--
Robert Krawitz <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--Eric Crampton