Bug in gap/GIMP 1.1.8 (fwd)

(Sorry for reposting, as I didn't get any answer the last time I suspect
that the mailing list problems have "swallowed" it :-) )

Hi !

I've posted my problems before, but maybe I wasn't explicit enough: I
think I have found a bug in gap for GIMP 1.1.8. It's about file

Here's a short description on how to reproduce the bug:
.) generate a short JPEG "sequence" by taking a random JPEG file like
x.jpeg and copying it to x_0000.jpeg, x_0001.jpeg and x_0002.jpeg

.) Open the first file of this sequence, x_0000.jpeg. the animation
sequence extensions are activated automatically.

.) Try to advance to the next frame by choosing "next frame" in the Anim
submenu.

and this happens now:
some rename from x_0000.jpg.gtmp.jpeg to x_0000.jpeg fails, because the
step before couldn't be completed: Running "gimp_file_save" for
x_0000.jpeg can't be completed, and therefore a temp file is never
created. In gimp_procedure_run, at the end of the rountine some part
returns STATUS_CALLING_ERROR (I turned on the commented warnings there),
but I couldn't trace the problem further, I am somehow lost in the PDB
structures %-).

It is maybe worth noticing that everything works perfectly for both xcf
and png images. but my video application needs jpeg images in the end, and
not having this possibility to save JPEGs forces me to conduct three
conversions: xcf->png->jpeg->jpeg YUV 4:2:2 ... being able to save JPEGs
directly would save me _loads_ of time :-)

I would be grateful for any help I could get, even some tips on how to
turn on debugging, help me get y the PDB and so on would help me to
continue some debugging from my side :-)

Servus,
  Gernot

T                 The Austria <=> Sweden connection.....                 T
O                Homepage: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz                 E