ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.1.7 Development Release

Hi,

a new development snapshot of GIMP 2.1 is now available from
ftp.gimp.org and it's mirrors:

   http://gimp.org/downloads/#mirrors

This is not yet the awaited pre-release since we haven't yet sorted
out the last changes we will need to do. We are however feature and
string frozen now. Or at least we will try to keep string changes and
new features to a minimum so that we can get out the first pre-release
for 2.2 out by the end of this month.

Please note that you cannot install gimp-2.1 side-by-side with
gimp-2.0 into the same prefix. A number of files will clash, so please
use a separate prefix to install this development version! For
details, please read the file INSTALL.

Please help us to get 2.2 out soon by testing this release. Please
also have a look at the documentation files we distribute with the
tarball, read the man-pages and let us know what needs updating for
2.2. We need your contributions to make 2.2 happen soon and to make it
a success.

Here's an overview of the changes since 2.1.6 was released:

Overview of Changes in GIMP 2.1.7
=================================

- Added even more plug-in previews (Value Propagate, Cubism, Colorify)
  and ported existing previews to the new widgets (AlienMap2, FlareFX,
  Jigsaw, NL Filter, Waves, Scatter HSV).

- More PDB API cleanups.

- Allow to specify the batch interpreter on the command-line.

- Improved selection-round script and moved it to the Select menu.

- Don't switch the active layer when using the Move tool.

- Updated libgimpthumb to support local thumbnails as introduced by
  version 0.7 of the thumbnail spec.

- Automatically create thumbnails from the Open dialog.

- Added entries next to most viewable buttons.

- Added a bunch of scripts to manipulate guides.

- Improved confirmation and warning dialogs.

- Lots of bug fixes.

Contributors:

   Michael Natterer, Sven Neumann, David Odin, Manish Singh, Kevin Cozens,
   Alan Horkan, Jakub Steiner

Happy GIMPing, Sven

[Index of Archives]     [Video For Linux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [gtk]     [GIMP for Windows]     [KDE]     [Scanner]     [Gimp's Home]     [Gimp on Windows]     [Steve's Art]