ANNOUNCE: GIMP 1.3.20

Hi all,

The next release in the development series of the GIMP, version
1.3.20, is now available for download from

  ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v1.3/v1.3.20/

or from one of the mirrors listed at http://gimp.org/download.html

This release marks the start of the GIMP Bug Week. The idea of
the bug week is to get as many people as possible involved in
reporting, categorizing and fixing bugs in the run-up to our 2.0
releases. More information about bug week is available at

  http://gnomedesktop.org/article.php?sid=1318

and information on the kinds of jobs we would like help with is
here...

  http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/GettingStartedWithGimp

Have fun, help out, and happy GIMPing,
Dave.

Overview of Changes in GIMP 1.3.20
==================================
- Improved documentation of the app directory [Mitch, Sven]
- Image update optimizations [Mitch]
- font-map script improvements [Sven]
- PDB API to access fonts [Sven]
- Portability fixes for x86-64 [Yosh]
- Enabled SSE and SSE2 compositing code [Helvetix]
- GimpSelection class added [Mitch]
- Pullout parameter added to RGB->CMYK conversions [Sven]
- Basic framework for future help system in place [Mitch]
- Screenshot plug-in rewritten [Brix]
- Font list updates on the fly [Yosh]
- Generic interface for stroking selections and paths [Mitch]
- Further improvements to the path tool [Simon]
- Remove libgck from public API [Mitch]
- Lots of bug fixes

Other contributors:
  Maurits Rijk, Ville PÀtsi, Larry Ewing, Dmitry G. Mastrukov,
  Pedro Gimeno, Raphael Quinet, S. Mukund, Andy Wallis, Carl Adams,
  Tino Schwarz, Tor Lillqvist, Emmet Caulfield, Guillermo S. Romero,
  Dave Neary, Wolfgang Hofer

--
David Neary,
Lyon, France.

[Index of Archives]     [Video For Linux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [gtk]     [GIMP for Windows]     [KDE]     [Scanner]     [Gimp's Home]     [Gimp on Windows]     [Steve's Art]