ANNOUNCE: GIMP 1.3.8

Hello GIMPers,

due to the summer and everyone being busy doing other things not too
much did happen in the GIMP CVS tree lately. Nevertheless a couple of
changes accumulated over time and I felt that a new developers release
was due. So here's GIMP-1.3.8 for you:

  ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v1.3/v1.3.8/

Please consider to use one of the mirrors:

  http://www.gimp.org/download.html

Here's the usual disclaimer:

This is a development version that might crash any second, so please
save often and don't use it for real work. However we believe that
stability and useability improved a lot so you might want to give this
version a try.

This release depends on the following libraries (or newer versions):

  glib 2.0.0
  pango 1.0.0 (with FT2 support)
  atk 1.0.0
  gtk+ 2.0.0
  libart 2.3.8

And here's the list of changes:

- Lots of plug-ins cleaned up and improved [Maurits]
- More work on the help browser [Sven]
- Core code cleanup [Mitch, Sven]
- Improved icons [Jimmac]
- Fixed permissions of shared memory segments.
- Build fixes [Yosh, Sven]
- Bug fixes

Other contributors:
  Dave Neary, Zbigniew Chyla, Simon Budig

Happy GIMPing, Sven

[Index of Archives]     [Video For Linux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [gtk]     [GIMP for Windows]     [KDE]     [Scanner]     [Gimp's Home]     [Gimp on Windows]     [Steve's Art]