Re: Question Regarding GIMP Logo Usage for Credits

Hello Carlos,

Yes, this is perfectly fine.

Alex

пт, 14 авг. 2020 г., 13:32 Carlos Budet via gimp-docs-list <gimp-docs-list@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong mailing list, I was a bit confused where to relay my question.

I am a game developer. I use GIMP a lot. I want to include the GIMP logo on a splash screen and the credits screen of my game, the way Unity logo appears on Unity-made games, or the way the CryEngine logo appears on games made with CryEngine.

Is it okay to use the GIMP logo for this purpose?

I would include a disclaimer that notifies the player that the logo(s) on the screen do not equate endorsement by said products and that it simply means that the software was used in the making of the product.

Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Kind regards,

Carlos Budet