Ask someone with write access to this repository to merge this request

Here's my request to my edits merged with the master branch as directed by gitlab if they're not merged already.

I took the opportunity to clean up a bunch of the text.   There are some inconsistencies in the text that need attention--but one thing at a time.  Other than using docbooks, is there a style guide that GIMP uses?

Rationale for my edits:

* There are slang terms that need to be removed, such as "fire up GIMP".  The people who translate these documents probably learned English the hard way and don't need the added burden of figuring out what that means.

* There were many run-on sentences that I fixed.

* You don't "click on" anything, you "click" it.  Because you don't click under it, near it, above it, etc.  The "on" is redundant.   Similarly,  you don't "print it out". You "print it".  You don't "test it out". You "test it".  You neither "raise it up" nor "lower it down", you "raise it" and "lower it".  Removing redundant words makes the writing better.

* Controls that are unavailable or disabled are just that, not "grayed out" because appearances depend on your computer OS's theme--in other words, I can make disabled controls look red if I want.

* Instructions tend to be written in the future tense by writers because they haven't written the section yet, but it reads better to write in the present tense.

* Not sure why there are references to older versions of GIMP.  Aren't those old versions obsolete?

* There are references to "Image menu bar", "Image menubar", etc.  It's really the "GIMP menu bar" if I read the help text correctly.

* Also, every control on every window needs a name (preferably in the UI) so that it can be referred to in the user guide.

I'd like to read any of your thoughts.

-G