Re: Doc update

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 08:06:24AM +0200, Marco Ciampa via gimp-docs-list wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 01:40:23AM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:

> > That was when the whole infrastructure was migrated to GNOME OpenShift,
> > and...

> > ... there's even a cron job still doing that, but for some reason the
> > generated docs don't get rsync'ed onto the actual website. A GNOME
> > sysadmin is looking into that tomorrow, though.

> > > Most of all it is not encuraging ignoring us and our problem reports...
> >
> > A much faster and more direct way to interact, rather than the mailing
> > list, would be IRC, especially the #gimp channel on irc.gimp.org - this
> > is pretty much where all the active developers are.
>
> Ok thanks for the prompt reply Michael!

My experience is ... the few times I connect into irc, all people are
connected but nobody's speaking. It seems to me a place where people meet
after having arranged an appointment or so by any other means...

Email is persistent, irc is not. I can't see older messages. So, for me,
irc is like using the phone: without record and on the fly.

Not the right tool for bugs that lasts for months...

Am I wrong?

--

Saluton,
Marco Ciampa