Re: [Gimp-web] gimp-doc and its web html

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 9:48 AM Pat David via gimp-docs-list <gimp-docs-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This one is a little different.  The "docs.gimp.org" sub-domain is separate from the main www.gimp.org domain, and I haven't had a chance to really familiarize myself with it enough.  I'm certainly happy to get something set up for CI/publish of the current docs (but I am also a bit ignorant of how the docs are managed overall...).

Regarding this point specifically.  Jenkins is capable of publishing HTML reports of the latest documentation.  I would just have to know how the current documentation is generated (shell script maybe?), and which branch is the latest "devel".  From there, we can orchestrate Jenkins pipelines that trigger on every commit to master to generate the latest development documentation and host it.

Jenkins can host the devel documentation.  The GIMP docs page would simply need to link to the devel docs hosted at Jenkins.

Please create an issue at https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/gimp-ci/jenkins-dsl/issues and answer the following questions:

* Where is the source code repository for the documentation in question?  (link to repo)
* How does HTML get generated from the repository? (what are the commands; what dependencies are required)
* Where do I find the documentation after it is generated?  (the path in the build tree of the final HTML result)

With that information I can develop a pipeline for you to create these development docs.