Re: Preferences documentation

On 04/04/2017 02:26 PM, Julien Hardelin wrote:
Good idea, I agree.

Regards,

Julien

Hmm, from looking in a browser at:
https://docs.gimp.org/2.9/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-dialog
I assumed that all the preferences options were in one single xml file. But in reality "src/preferences" is full of individual prefs-*.xml files.

"src/menu/edit/preferences.xml" starts with this line:

<sect1 xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; id="gimp-prefs-dialog">

and has a bunch of "include" statements at the bottom. This is probably how all the Preferences submenu end up on one page in the resulting html file.

So it looks like what is needed is to:

* move the Preferences folder to under menu/edit
* move src/using/preferences/preferences_introduction.xml to src/menus/edit/preferences_introduction.xml
* remove the include statements from preferences_introduction.xml
* anything else?

I'll try the above changes on my local install of gimp-help-2 and see what happens.

Best,
Elle