Re: Gimp-2.9.5 - Select border

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 08:34:41AM +0100, Julien Hardelin wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> >On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 06:37:14PM +0100, Julien Hardelin wrote:
> >>Hello all,
> >>
> >>Please, what do you get when using select/border? I cann't see any
> >>difference between the three options of "Border Style': Hard, Smooth and
> >>Feather.
> >For the feather style, you do have an alpha layer when you make the
> >selection, don't you?
>
> Yes I have.
> >
> >For the smooth style, use high values with a rectangular selection to see
> >the smooth (round) effect ...
> >
> >...and re-select the selection to make any change in settings effective.
> What do you mean by "re-select the selection"?

I mean that if you change style after given the effect you see no changes.
You have to re-select the selection with the desired selection/border style and then
you can see any difference, but perhaps I am to prosaic in saying this ... sorry

>  In this example :
>   https://mon-partage.fr/f/RgBYJtjb/
> I understand what happens : the border command wih feathered option feathers
> both borders of the border selection , but this is not visible in the left
> image of course. This becomes visible if  I Edit/Clear the selection (on the
> right).

Right!

I won't produce any example since the Ell explanation and example is hard
to beat! :-)

Regards,

--

Marco Ciampa