Re: Downloading the user manual

Dear Eric,

tl;dr: we're not providing PDFs for download.

On Fri, Jan 02, 2015 at 08:28:05PM -0600, Eric Westfall wrote:
> I can't seem to find a way to download the user's manual, as with most
> manuals (in PDF), as opposed to having to use it manually online.
>
> Am I missing something, or is that just a Gimp fact of life?
We provided PDF versions of the manual for a while. The process involved
never became stable and made it out of the work-in-progress state. That
is, we can create PDFs for most latin languages, but there is no
automated process available to provide them on our homepage for
download. The PDFs are somewhat usable (readable, printable), but far
from perfect.

Therefore you see only HTML versions of the manual.

If you can spare some free time I encourage you to have a look at our
project with a git clone. If all dependencies are installed, a simple:

    ./autogen.sh
    make pdf

will start creating PDFs. Keep in mind that this is for user manual
developers only and not supposed to be run by an end-user (-reader).

Kind Regards,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de