Re: Would like to work on the color management documentation

Dear Elle,

Welcome! Sorry that you have to jump through so many hoops for
modifying our content.

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 05:26:27PM -0500, Elle Stone wrote:
> On 01/27/2014 11:02 AM, Elle Stone wrote:
> >It seems like it might be easier
> >for me to modify "gimp-imaging-color-management.html"
>
> The Gimp help html files are done using Table Layout. I can't read
> or write Table Layout. Nor can I modify an xml file without knowing
> ahead of time what the modifications are.
>
> So I pulled all the Gimp help content related to color management
> into one real html5 file. I'll worry about writing xml after I
> finish making modifications to this html5 file.
I think it is easier for authors on this mailing list to use modified
content in XML. Don't worry if the tags are all messed up (there is
`make validate-en` for that) or the formatting is off. It is easier to
fix that automatically from our perspective. HTML and XML are
unfortunately not exactly the same.

As Andrew suggested, I'd certainly try different editors.

I know it is a big burden, but currently the only option we have which
would make a good contribution. There are ideas to move forward, but not
in place yet.

Kind Regards,
--
Roman Joost