Asking for permit - URGENT

Dear GIMP team,

I have plan to make a commercial ebook. In one of the chapter i'm going to review a little bit about GIMP because it's the main software used in the ebook. The problem is i don't know how to write about the GIMP toolbox, Image Window, Dialogs and Docking etc and how they work. The chapter itself is only about 5 to 10 pages, so with this email i wondering if GIMP.org allowing me to adapt and modify or twist the GIMP user manual because - to be honest - i don't have any clue how to translate the function of each tool into words in my ebook. I would thankful if GIMP.org allow me to do that. Please make it clear as possible. Thank you.