Re: No module named libxml2

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 09:39:11PM +0200, Kolbjørn Stuestøl wrote:
> Tried all command options mentioned in the --help listing (not the
> -h listing).
> All returned something + "Aborted".
>
> The only one that not was aborted was python
> tools/validate_references.py --help
>
> I had to put the option *after* the command:
> python tools/validate_references.py -o
> Writing python -o tools/validate_references.py
>
> resulted in error message  "Unknown option: -o"

Yes, '-o' is a script option, but '-v' is a valid Python option too.

> python -c 'import sys; sys.exit(0)'
> returned nothing.
>
> Is there any way to step through the Python script

You can try pdb (http://docs.python.org/library/pdb.html):

	python -m pdb tools/validate_references.py ...

but that's overkill.

> or to get a log that register every step of the script?

There's a trace module (http://docs.python.org/library/trace.html),
but this would probably print much more information than you want.

> Or do I have to add some print's to the script to follow the steps?

This is the easiest way - or maybe it's even better to remove (or
disable) statements to find the problem.
Start with removing the two "sys.stdout.flush()" statements...

Ulf

--
Jeder Staat beruht auf Macht, jede Macht auf Gewalt, und
Gewalt, sagt Einstein, zieht stets moralisch Minderwertige an.