Re: writing a new section: image snapshots

In wrinting a new section rised in me a question: how to preserve the
screenshot homogeneity? Is there any?

Once I remind it was a wiki note regarding how to take a screen snapshot.
There was a system and a theme recomended.
And now?
Am I free to use whatever I want?

Here is an extract of the How to Contribute I wrote long ago:

<sect3>
<title>Images</title>
<para>
You also have to manage screenshots. If you don't create a localized
        image for your language, the English image will be used by default.
        Here are some hints for making good screenshots:
<itemizedlist>
<listitem>
<para>
reduce screenshot area as much as possible cropping the window
              manager borders and disabling the help button (you can do it
              in the preference dialog),
</para>
</listitem>
<listitem>
<para>
set the image mode to indexed 255 colors (except for thumbnails):
<menuchoice>
<guimenu>Image</guimenu>
<guisubmenu>Mode</guisubmenu>
<guimenuitem>Indexed</guimenuitem>
</menuchoice>
</para>
</listitem>
<listitem>
<para>
set print resolution to 144 dpi. You can do this easily with GIMP
              from
<menuchoice>
<guimenu>Image</guimenu>
<guisubmenu>Print Size...</guisubmenu>