Re: Documentation does not work

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 09:46:26PM +0200, Heleen Haarsma wrote:
> That are a lot of questions. Just leave it.
> I followed instrucions from the download page.
ok

> I installed Gimp a few days ago. What do mean by "how"?
using the windows package I suppose...

> I'm using XP.
ok

> I have no problem installing Gimp, my problem is only withe the
> documentation: when asked I choose a directory (I think for some
> HTML-file). Once chosen help won't open.
The package does not include the documentation. You have to download it
somewhere in your "C:" disk and then move it in the "right" position
that happens to be (in your "windows" case")
Have you tried to download the windows automated package?
For Dutch is:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/files/GIMP%20Help%202/GIMP%20Help%202.6.0%20(updated%20installer)/gimp-help-2-2.6.0-nl-setup.exe/download

When installed leave the installation place the default. In this way
GIMP will automatically find it.
Then check that GIMP is correctly set going in to:
Edit->Preferences->Help->User manual->Use locally installed version. If
it is set defferently, set it correctly then CLOSE GIMP and RESTART GIMP
before re-try with the help key "F1".

> I wanted the fils in a sudirectory under "my docements".

Then I suggest you to leave it in the place where I have just showed you
(to make the GIMP "intelligent" help feature work...) and make a "link"
to it in the "my documents" directory (open "my documents"-> mouse->
right-click-> new-> link etc. etc.) You will find the help files in:

C:\program files\gimp-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\help\nl\index.html

PS: maybe "program files" is different in Dutch...

bye

--

Marco Ciampa