Re: Starting help for gimp-2.8

I can rewrite that section for 2.6 - it's not much of a change - and keep this version for when, gnu willing, the new version comes out.

2011/3/29 Julien Hardelin <jm.hard@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Roman,

> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 07:07:00AM +0100, Julien Hardelin wrote:
>> For that, we need:
>> - a separated git module for gimp-help-2.8, containing a copy of the
>> present gimp-help-2 at first.
>> - a gimp-doc-wiki(like the old we had) with the list of features that
>> must be updated, and the possibility of knowing who works on what.
> Perhaps for this, the developers wouldn't mind if the documentation team
> could use the wiki as well?
>
> I could perhaps ask on the developer mailing list for this
> opportunity...

The wiki is not the most important as long as contributors are few.
But what about a separated module for gimp-help-pre-2.8?

Michael sent a re-written quickie.xml file. This tutorial is much better
than the present one, but it refers to the Export command, which is a
gimp-2.7 feature.
I can't push it to the gimp-help-2 repository.
Michael is a valuable recruit for gimp-help. I'm afraid he will turn
discouraged if its work is not validated.

Cheers,

Julien