Introduction

Hello all,

Following a discussion on the main Gimp mailing list I'd like to offer my help in improving Gimp's Documentation. My initial impetus was just to add documentation on how to change the keyboard shortcuts to the supplied ps-rcmenu file, but on further examination of the online manual, I think I can be of some further use, and I'm offering my help in improving the English version of the online manual and making it more professional and helpful.

Some background info first: I'm working as a graphic designer / generalist 3d artist in a small hi tech company, whose product contains a development platform with some 3d content elements. It has been my job for the last few years to create the documentation and course material that would aid our clients in using this platform.
As a result I have extensive experience both in image editing and in tech writing. I also participate, just for fun, in an online web board frequented by newcomers to graphics and by answering their questions I believe I have some insight into what a newcomer to Gimp would find useful in a help file.

I'll gladly supply some examples of my work (personally, and preferably to to a team leader if such exists - I don't want to put company documents online), so you can judge for yourself.
Now, where I lack knowledge is in the actual editing and content management. I am familiar with source control in general but not with GIT and I'm not sure about the best way to edit those xml files. But that's for later.

So, to sum things up, I'm offering my help and would like to know how I can help(and whose incharge - that's always important).

regards,
Michael Grosberg