Re: Also i want to work for gimp docs

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Byung-Hee HWANG <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So how can i help this for gimp? Espeically i like to work
> for docs of gimp -- just translation, i'm not professional speaker for
> English. OK any advice comment welcome!

Welcome, Byung-Hee.
I think I could give you some infos.

In fact, there was a wiki page for new participants, but now it's not available.
Here is short instructions about that.

1. Get the source files.
(on command line)
git clone git://git.gnome.org/gimp-help-2

2. Make pot
(on command line, in gimp-help-2 folder)
./autogen.sh --without-gimp
make pot

** Memo : You need some packages to compile gimp-help-2. (linux or cygwin both)
However, I don't have the full list now.

3. Update each po files of your language.
(I'm sorry, I don't know how to automatically.)

4. Edit po files.
You can use one of po file editors.

5. Update your local resource.
git pull

6. Check validation
make validate-ko

7. if you want to make html files
make html-ko

8. If there's no error, make a patch for it.
git diff > korean_translation_2010_xxxx.patch (anyname you want)

9. Send the patch file to this mailing list and ask to commint
Then, someone will commit your work.

10. Special comment for Korean Translation.
There are a lot of fuzzy strings. I've translated about a year ago,
but they're not
updated. Most of them don't need to edit or re-translate, just check
and update small changes.

If you need more information, feel free to ask me and other members on
this list.
Thank you for your participation.

--
Regards,