Re: Where have all my pictures gone? SOLVED

SOLVED

Your (Ulf) suggestions works with "hardlink" and "copy"!

Run (using the updated tools/make_image_links.pl):
$ tools/make_image_links.pl -v --mode=hardlink images/C xml/nn/images
and then
$ tools/make_image_links.pl -v --mode=hardlink images/C html/nn/images
I also run
$ tools/make_image_links.pl -v --mode=hardlink images/common html/nn/images
to get the common images in place.

(To run "copy" I replaced the "hardlink" wit "copy".)

This resulted in html files pointing to LANG (here "nn") images when
they exist, otherwise to C images. Just as supposed. I have not figured
out which one of the methods is the be recommended, hardlink or copy. To
me they seems to be equal.

I still do not know how to pass arguments through a link file in
Windows, but don't care anymore. Perhaps when the days get shorter and
nothing else to do …

In Windows the link files has the prefix ".lnk" added to the file name.
This prefix do not shows up in the file listing. In the html files the
call is set to "brushes-buttons.png", but the *real* name of the
selected file is "brushes-buttons.png.lnk". Result: File not found. The
symbolic links does not work satisfying in Windows. Or more correct: I
have not found a way to get them work, if they does.

It was a very long way to the goal. But I have learned a lot! Now I have
to celebrate in one way or other.

Well done, Ulf.

 From a grateful
Kolbjørn