Re: Make po problem

Hi Ulf,

> There is no file 'src/using/preferences/windows-management.xml'. Did you
> mean 'src/using/preferences/prefs-window-management.xml'? Did you
> rename 'prefs-window-management.xml' to 'windows-management.xml' (good
> idea!)?
It's only a typo. I actually edited the
'src/using/preferences/prefs-window-management.xml.

>> I ran 'make pot' and 'make po-fr': my preferences.po is not updated
>> :-( If I run 'make po/fr/using/preferences.po', I get the message
>> "po/fr/using/preferences.po is up-to-date", but it is not!
>
> Same problem here, but only with autotools-based Makefile. Using
> Makefile.GNU it worked fine: the commands for finding files and
> directories are slightly different.
>
> It looks like your "src" directory is a link, or the files within "src/"
> are links. The default 'find' behaviour is to skip links, so you would
> have no source files and directories and thus no dependencies: nothing
> to do for 'make'.

Links? I don't understand how my src directory could be a link.

In fact, the POT file is OK and the PO file is partially updated: The
two images  I added are present, but the change in the text (I divided a
para into several listitem in a itemizedlist) is absent; the old English
string remains.

> I have changed the 'find' command to follow links ('find -L'). This is
> not foolproof, but should work for now.

I ran 'make -f Makefile.GNU po-fr : the problem persits.

I'll push this prefs-window-management.xml file (the English html is OK).

Julien