Re: Updating PO files

julien (Dienstag, 28. April 2009, 14:54):
> What is 'timestamp':
> - The last editing date?

Yes, the time of last modification. Just use
	ls -ltr src/glossary.xml pot/glossary.pot po/fr/glossary.po
this will show the timestamps and sort the files according to their
timestamps.

> The three files are 2009:04:28 07:21

If both src/glossary.xml and po/fr/glossary.po are updated by git, both
timestamps are set, and then the po file may be newer than the src
file - and won't be updated. I still don't know how to handle this
situation correctly.

Remember that you can always force updating with
	make update-po/fr/glossary.po

> Weird! if I run
> msgmerge -o tmp.po po/fr/glossary.po pot/glossary.pot,
> I get a right PO file with a '#, fuzzy' comment and "Color depth"
> instead of "Color Depth"...

This command does not depend on timestamps, so the po file will always
be updated.

> What if I rename tmp.po to glossary.po and copy-paste it to po/fr/ ?
> A good or bad idea?

Should be ok. But an easy way to find out is
	diff po/fr/glossary.po tmp.po
(and much better using colordiff - http://colordiff.sourceforge.net/).

Ulf